If divorce does not feel like an option for you, but you have nonetheless determined that you no longer want to live with your spouse, I can help you file a petition for legal separation. Legal separation proceedings address many of the same issues that arise in divorce such as child custody and support , spousal support and property settlements. I can discuss your options so you can determine if legal separation is right for you.
An annulment is another option for couples who may otherwise be seeking a divorce or legal separation. Annulment renders a marriage null and void, as if it never existed. To be granted a successful annulment in the state of California, certain grounds must be met such as:
- The marriage was not validly or lawfully entered into
- The marriage occurred as a result of fraud
- The married couple are blood relatives
- One partner was married at the time of the subsequent marriage
- One or both parties were under the age of 18 at the time of the marriage
These are some of the grounds on which an annulment may be sought. As an experienced divorce attorney , I can meet with you to discuss your situation and determine if annulment would apply to your situation.
We will use your information only in reply to your inquiry.